2019 MINISTRY GOALS
RELIEF & DEVELOPMENT
- Orphanage Ministry: Impact 142 children from two orphanages (Bersinar and Kasih Mandiri) through mentoring, English club, music club, and summer camp.
- Muara Baru project: Provide education to 60 children, train 40 mothers in health education, and provide job training opportunities to 12 women in the community.
- Cilincing trash dump community project: Provide education to 40 students, provide training for our community partners to further disciple the community, and develop a health education program.
- Refugee Ministry: Provide weekly food packages to the 30 refugees living in the IES sponsored refugee house and collect 300 pieces of nice clothing for the refugee faux boutique where women and children refugees will receive free clothes.
- Papua health and education project: Provide the salaries for one teacher and one nurse in a remote Papuan village in partnership with Trevor Johnson.
- Sports for Life: Train and disciple 20 teenage boys from a local under-the-bridge-community.
- Nursing home outreach: Develop relationships with 55 residents of the Grogol nursing home and connect the children in one of our partner orphanages with the nursing home residents.
- Home for disabled children outreach: Develop relationships with 25 residents of the home for disabled children in North Jakarta.
- BPP Missions Projects: Partner with the GSJA missions projects to reach never reached people groups throughout Indonesia through prayer trips and financial contributions to the newly formed teams.
- Rumah Detensi Immigrasi: Conduct bi-monthly worship services for 35 Christian immigration detainees.
- Yoshua Prison Ministry: Partner with a ministry visiting multiple prisons and touching hundreds of inmates every month.
- Sumba City Church: Provide one year’s rent for the expansion of the only GSJA city church on the island of Sumba (in partnership with Doug Hollis).
- Partners Worldwide: Send IES volunteers to participate in business mentoring teams that serve entrepreneurs in marginalized communities
- Fabio Maringka: Reaching Indonesia through sports training and discipleship
- Jay Angeles: Reaching Indonesian college students and planting churches in Central Java
- Jay Ailani: Reaching trafficked women in Chiang Mai and Jakarta through art therapy
- Brilliant Adu: Reaching Indonesian and Mainland Chinese through music education and coffee club programs
- Andre and Rika: Reaching refugees in Ahen, Germany through an Assemblies of God international church
- Operational support for STTs: Partner with the GSJA to support operational expenses for two of their Bible schools
- AT-APT: Partner with GSJA Batu Tulis in their Bible School training program
- SATI Malang scholarships: Provide scholarships for S-1 degrees to three students
- Bukit Gloria School: Support education for 250 students from low-income families
- Hosana School: Assist in providing support for teachers at a school targeting low-income students
- Harvest Missions School: Provide operational support for a Bible training school in Fiji geared towards equipping people already in ministry
- Missions month: Mobilize IES congregation to pray, give, and join IES missions initiatives
- Serve the City: Recruit 500 IES volunteers to serve at 15 different locations over 5 days
- Training seminars: Provide resources and training for IES congregation members so they are better equipped to share their faith and participate in missions
- Missions trips: Give opportunities for IES congregation members to participate in trips both within Indonesia and outside of Indonesia which will increase their passion for missions, give them specialized training (like prayer walking and starting Bible studies), and allow them to build relationships with strategic partners in the trip locations.
EXIT OFFERINGS PROJECTS
- Lombok: Continue working with the Mangsit community with economic development projects while their houses and places of employment are rebuilt
- Palu: Partner with the GSJA to rebuild communities in the Palu area that were affected by the tsunami
- Timor Leste: Provide the printed Bibles to churches and schools in Timor Leste