IES Internships seek to develop ministers and leaders by supervised practical ministry experience, discipleship, and mentoring.
So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-13, NIV)
According to Paul’s letter to the church in Ephesus, one of our goals is to equip the people of God for ministry.
We at IES Jakarta realize that our church ministries, demographics, and philosophy can be a little different from the traditional church experience. The cross-cultural nature of our church itself provides a unique setting for ministry. We believe that we have an opportunity to provide a unique experience for ministry exposure and training.
Our IES Internship motto is simple:
Be present. Be intentional. Be adventurous.
Our internship program is open to anyone interested in ministry training. One of the requirements is availability. We expect our interns to be available to do ministry and support work for around 30 hours/week throughout the time they have committed to intern.
We accept a range of interns, for example:
- college students needing internship credits
- Missionary Associates with the Assemblies of God World Missions (AGWM)
- Missions Abroad Placement Services (MAPS) Volunteers from AGWM, ranging from 6 weeks to 11 months stay
- local interns from within our church and within Indonesia
- college graduates doing a gap year to do missions and service
- college students wanting to do cross-cultural ministry for a summer
Depending on the interns, our internship program ranges from 6 weeks to 2 years.
What to expect?
- General exposure to cross-cultural church ministries
- Ministry in a specific ministry area
- Training in ministry
- Cultural exposure to Jakarta and Indonesian cultures
- Some element of language learning
- A whole lot of fun!
What areas of ministries are offered?
- Graphic Design
- Missions and Outreach
- Teens Ministry
- Kids Ministry
- Pastoral Ministry
How to intern at IES:
- Fill out our Internship Application Form.
- Initial interview with Internship Coordinator
- Interview with potential Ministry Leader
- Final decision and official invite upon approval
- Complete AGWM application.*
- Raise funds for living and ministry expenses*
*These steps are for interns coming from outside Indonesia.